Orange Baptist Church was chartered in 1856. Fires destroyed the first two sanctuaries. On November 8, 1908 about two-thirds of the town, including the second sanctuary, was destroyed by fire. A new pipe organ that had not been played in a Sunday service was to have been dedicated on the Sunday following the fire. Worship in the present sanctuary, Neo-Gothic in style, began in August 1909. The ceiling of the sanctuary is coffered with acorn finials and unpainted bead board. The sanctuary has three tripartite lancet-arched stained glass windows.