North Pamunkey Baptist Church was founded in 1774 by Aaron Bledsoe & Elijah Craig. The early church, which was a one room log structure, was known by several names including: North Fork of the Pamunkey, Bledsoe's Meeting House and North Pamunkey Meeting House. Aaron Bledsoe was pastor for 32 years. During his leadership the church grew from a membership of 20 to 350 in 1806. The original church was replaced in 1830 with a wooden meeting house. A Sunday School was organized in 1836, making North Pamunkey one of the oldest Sunday Schools in the Commonwealth. The present brick sanctuary was built in 1851. In 1952, under the leadership of Rev. Bernard Le Seur, an educational wing was added to the rear of the church. In 1998, a Fellowship Hall was constructed adjacent to the main church, and was named after Mrs. Julia Burrus, the project's guiding light and longtime member.