Orange County Court House


The Courthouse building is a historic landmark in the town of Orange.

Constructed in 1859 and designed by Charles Haskins of Washington, D.C., the Italianate-style courthouse is characterized by its centrally located, three-stage tower with overhanging eaves. It is the town’s third courthouse, the first having been completed in 1749 and the second courthouse, built 1802-04. Those two earlier courthouses were located on the public lot, partially occupied by the Orange Train Station. In August 1862, a brisk skirmish between three Union Cavalry regiments and the Confederate 7th Virginia Calvary erupted in front of the Courthouse.

Contact Information

Address: 130 West Main Street, Orange, VA 22960
 
 

View Larger Map