Ellwood Manor


Perched on a knoll overlooking Wilderness Run, the circa 1790 plantation has a rich Civil War heritage.

Located on the Wilderness Battlefield, Ellwood Manor served as the headquarters for the right wing of the Union Army and houses exhibits on the battle. It also served as a Confederate Hospital and as the Headquarters of three Union generals. The family cemetery became the burial site for General “Stonewall” Jackson’s amputated arm. Operated by the National Park Service.

Contact Information

Phone: Chancellorsville Visitor Center: (540) 786-2880
Hours: Open Late April - October. Visit http://www.fowb.org for specific days and times.
Website: http://www.fowb.org
Address: 36380 Constitution Highway (Route 20), Locust Grove, VA 22508
 
 

View Larger Map